System Shock series of games

dgb said:
Tried that, and the safe texture manager, it still starts, goes black, hourglass mouse cursor, back to desktop. :confused: :mad: :(
read my post I made on Page 4. It fixes the problem completly.

Xenomaniac said:
read my post I made on Page 4. It fixes the problem completly.

Except it doesn't, and I stated that in the post above.

I used to play the SS1 demo all the time on my 486. I bought SS2 when it came out. I would love to see a SS3.

OldPueblo said:
I don't know man, try Windows 2000 compatibility mode maybe (if you haven't already) or see what you can dig up in this thread:

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69958

I have the original CD and I just install it, patch it, nocd patch, and play. You didn't install directx during setup did you?

No, didn't install direct x during setup, tried every compatability mode. I think I'll just shelve it until I next format and try it then.

Xenomaniac said:
GOT THE ONE FROM UNDERDOG TO WORK!!!!!!! Very Simple procedure.

Just add "safe_texture_manager" into the Cam.cgf file. Here is step by step for the computerly challenged

Right-click cam.cgf in your System Shock 2 file directory and open it with note pad.
At the bottom of the document add the text "safe_texture_manager" without the quotation ( "" ) marks.
Save the file and bam, it works.

Tried it and it dosent work, I would really like to get this working, I missed out on some high quality gaming so I hear.

Back