System locking, maybe due to video card?

Axsuul

Limp Gawd
Hello, my system locks where I have to restart my computer at least 5+ times a day. My specs are 430W PSU, MSI VIA K8T800, Athlon64 3200+, Geforce 6600 AGP

My temperatures are 32 C system, 43 C CPU, i have tried the latest forceware drivers/mobo drivers, a clean winxp install, a clean hard drive wipe (wrote zeros), and i tried downgrading drivers as well. All result in a system freeze/lock at random times. This is frustrating because it has never happened before and just started happening recently. Anyone know what the problem could possibly be? Thanks

Sounds like you took the appropriate steps towards correcting your problem. If I were you, I'd check out your hardware first(HDD and Memory) just to eliminate those items as possible suspects. Run DFT and memtest because chances are, those could be the cause of intermitten lockups.

could be anything and redmasc is right . In safemode theres ways off taking that might be causing the crash also when it locks up next time you start the windows gives you a diagnostic and hopefully points you to the right direction.

So what did you get when that happend?

Back