system image backup problems

primetime

Supreme [H]ardness
Capture_zpsd14c3d9b.png
[/URL][/IMG]

been using the built in system image for very long time.....i don't understand why it wont let me only backup my c drive as i usually do. it seems to want to back up partitions that i use for storing files long term and for storing my image backups.

don't recall this ever happening to me before so any advice is greatly appreciated...i like to make frequent backups now and again just in case so i don't have to start over in case something goes wrong......but because is forcing me to include partitions that i usually back up to im unable now.....i understand his is a beta os but there's got to be a way to backup my os drive only right? like we been doing for years now....

the built in image backup has always worked great in the past so im wondering whats causing the issues...i thought there was possibly a setting in disk management i was missing but i cant seem to find what cause the issues

Wouldn't recommend using any part of an OS that is still in a development phase seriously for anything, especially backing up. It could be a simple Windows thing, or it could be they are still working on it given the changes from Windows 7 > 8/8.1 that people didn't like and it isn't ready for primetime.

Unless you're just using it for testing purposes. In that case you can use the built-in report tool to inform Microsoft of the issue so they can look further into it. Third-party solutions are always your best bet as Lady Fitzgerald mentioned.

well i figured out a solution......just had to download a program to allow me to set the stupid partition to a non system type....seems like i had to use a program by EaseUS but i cant remember now:(
You would think it be an easy task in the disk management section on windows 10 lol...no idea why it decide to make it a system type rather than logical

Back