• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

System from friend...

rossordie

Weaksauce
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
79
Im on a budget and just recieved a SY-K7VTA Pro motherboard and AMD 2100+ from a friend. The board uses SD Ram, So I threw the 2x256 and 1x128 ram I had on it. How fast should I be able to get this up to and what else can I do with it. Is it possible to get it running 2ghz? I also have a brand new 300w PSU I can use and I am going to buy an average 128mb 3d card... I just want it to be an ok gaming machine. Thanks.
 
If the 2100+ is a Palomino core, don't expect anything over 1.8Ghz. Oh and there is no way of unlocking the 2100+ Palomino so you are limited to FSB.

You can verify this by going through some of Kyle's older reviews.
 
Back
Top