System crashing with Win 10, 4790k Overclock

TekRok

2[H]4U
I have my 4790k Overclocked to 4.8Ghz under a custom loop running at 1.3v

Before, I ran Windows 7 without a single issue for almost a year. Did a ton of Intel burn tests without a single crash. Installed Win 10 and now am getting the dreaded clock.watchdog.timeout and some other CPU related BSOD crashes while doing a ton of tasks like scans, browsing, watching an HD movie, etc all at the same time.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Thoughts on how to fix this?

Lower your overclock and see if it resolves? Every OS is different. Just because you could get to 4.8GHz in Windows 7 doesn't mean it's necessarily stable in Windows 10.

you OC'd your CPU to 4.8ghz and you think your PC needs fixing? my god.

Well I defaulted to stock speeds and everything is fine. Not really sure whats up.

Well I defaulted to stock speeds and everything is fine. Not really sure whats up.

windows 7 and winodws 10 have a complete different resource management.. that's all, what was barely stable in windows 7 under heavy load can be complete un-stable in windows 10 under heavy loads. both system behave completely different.. also the app may be causing some instability issues as I hardly Think any of those apps are already windows 10 ready..

Back