System crashes when attempting to run FSB >250mhz, workaround?

DermicSavage

[H]ard|Gawd
Running a MSI Neo2 Plat with an Athlon 64 3000+ venice core.

I so far have noticed that I cant push the FSB past 250MHz without either crashign the system(when using clockgen) or just not booting(when setting thru bios).

Is there a way to improve stability on this issue? or is there another way to raise my clocks via another method?

maybe you need more volts :cool: but without more info it is hard to help, what voltages are you using now, ram, ram speed and timings, etc...

I have crappy corsair value select for ram(ddr 400), running a mem divider at 166 to ensure stability on that front. Also tried setting the HTT multiplier to x3.

Right now, just toying with it on stock cooling(to see how far it can go on such crap), as temp diff has hardly changed between volts and a 200MHz OC(only seen an increase from 42C to 45C on load)

I figure this can go far faster even on stock cooling, but this bump int he road really bugs.

I have a Zalman CNPS-7000Cu on the way, but it wont arrive for a week. Just wanted to see how well the stock cooling would let me push it.

Back