System crashes after disk defragmentation

hmz

2[H]4U
I was trying to figure out for weeks why my PC shuts downs and turns one always after 3AM. One time is rare, but second time is not coincidence, and the third and fourth confirm that something is messed up.

So I am pretty sure now it's disk defragmentation related. I have my drives scheduled every two weeks at 2AM. Finishes around 2:40AM and system crashes sometime quickly after 3AM. Always like that.

The message I get:

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
iaStor

I think somehow my SSD is involved here. The defrag is unchecked for SSD. I am using default Win7 Microsoft AHCI drivers. The device manager is clean and I dunno what else can be wrong here. Huh :confused:?

Iastore is the intel drivers for your storage.

I would go to intel and grab the latest ones.

It's weird that the latest ones aren't on Intel web. Intel also don't say if they support TRIM. Looks like I am gonna turn off defrag and call it a day until Intel releases more news or smth.

I had lots of instances when something wouldn't work quite qood as it used to after defragmentation.
I only noticed that on heavily fragmented OS disks. In that light it's better to fragment more often than doing a big defragmentation. My 2c.
You are lucky the OS is showing you what is wrong with it... :)

Back