System Crash, My Downloads folder gone?

n64man120

2[H]4U
A rig of mine suddenly restarted while sitting idle the other day, and regardless of waht I do (last good config, normal boot, safemode) it shows XP loading for split second, then split second BSOD, then reboot. There isnt really anything important on the system, but I do have a collection of large downloads I would really prefer not to have to re-download.

That being said, I put the HDD in another rig as the secondary drive. It showed up fine and I can see the folders, etc. Everything seems to be there and fine, but the My Downloads folder is empty. It had gigs of stuff in it and suddenly empty? My only guess would be some sort of virus since the computer that died was my "beater rig".

Suggestions where all my stuff went?

n64man120 said:
A rig of mine suddenly restarted while sitting idle the other day, and regardless of waht I do (last good config, normal boot, safemode) it shows XP loading for split second, then split second BSOD, then reboot. There isnt really anything important on the system, but I do have a collection of large downloads I would really prefer not to have to re-download.

That being said, I put the HDD in another rig as the secondary drive. It showed up fine and I can see the folders, etc. Everything seems to be there and fine, but the My Downloads folder is empty. It had gigs of stuff in it and suddenly empty? My only guess would be some sort of virus since the computer that died was my "beater rig".

Suggestions where all my stuff went?

You have to aquire ownership of the folder before you can access it in the other PC?

^ ;)

"disable simple file sharing"
&
"take ownership of files and folders"

(just google those terms w\ the quotes, and do them in that order)
for advanced studies > "NTFS permissions"

Back