"System Builder" XP Pro Media doesn't support RAID!

grandmaster

Limp Gawd
I could really do with some assistance here. I'm building some PCs for a local client and have previously used OEM XP Pro software, but I thought I'd do things the right way and buy in some "System Builder" XP Pro licenses.

These are characterised by having yellow COAs.

The problem is that the media simply does not support RAID drivers - the drives aren't seen at all (if you slipstream) and if you use the floppy I can create a partition but Windows is unable to copy anything to it. If I switch back to OEM media (the XP Pro disc from my Dell), it works straight away.

My System Builder product keys don't work with the OEM media so I can't install with one and validate with my new keys.

Some weird things:

1. If I install without RAID, the System Builder discs work perfectly and the product keys validate in Genuine Advantage via Windows Update. However, there is no activation sequence which is odd.
2. If I install with OEM, then do an 'upgrade' or 'new install' from within Windows, everything works BUT the Genuine Advantage tool doesn't validate. It says the software is counterfeit.
3. The software passes ALL of Microsoft's anti-piracy tests both physically and so long as I install without RAID, it'll pass the Genuine Advantage tests and Windows Update works great.

A couple of questions then...

i. Is there any way to rebuild XP Pro media from the OEM version but to accept my System Builder product keys? Or to download/buy the latest "System Builder" media?
ii. Is there any way I've been sold extremely elaborate fake media?

Slipstreaming drivers didn't help BTW...

Back