• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

System analysis tool says new X800PRO's performance is lacking!?

Dew itt right

2[H]4U
Joined
Oct 28, 2005
Messages
3,314
I don't even know if this little issue is worth mentioning, but it sparked my curiousity. I like to use PCPitstop.com to check my system every now and then to make sure everything is up to par and usually the only thing that may not give me a checkered flag is my overly-fragmented hard drive. But now that I've instaled my new X800PRO, it's telling my my GPU's performance is lacking!

Apparently, it's 2D performance (it doesn't test 3D) is only producing 80 megapixels per second. The site says that my 80 is only 48% of the average performance of 18 similarly configured systems. Even when I put all the video setting to max performance it only gets up to 65%.

I'm testing it at the stock settings (core/mem), which yields a 3DMark05 of around 5000. I have Catalyst 5.13 installed now and will soon be updating to the new 6.1, but I can't believe that would be the problem.

Any suggestions?
 
I do not think there is something wrong, you get around 5k scores in 3dmark05 which is very nice for x800pro. I have never used that site, I guess I will try it on my x800xl when I am home.
 
That's because in 2D mode the card is running at a slower speed. Once you launch a 3D application the real clocks kick in.
 
nobi125 said:
That's because in 2D mode the card is running at a slower speed. Once you launch a 3D application the real clocks kick in.

This only happens with the X1K series cards, unless he turned on Catalyst Overdrive and set it to only overclock the processor during 3D games.

However, that ain't the problem. There's somethin' fishy about that test because I too am getting lower scores than I should be in PC pit stop's video test -- 191. This is with an X850XT PE. It says the average GeForce 4 Ti 4200 gets 210. So something's B.S. because there's no way in hell a GeForce 4 is getting better 2D performance than an X850XT PE.
 
Back
Top