SYS_FAN2 slower than SYS_FAN3??

phorkz

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 5, 2012
Messages
368
Hi guys,

I have a bit of a dilemma i cannot work out.

I have a Corsair H100 Cooler with 4x Gentle Typhoon AP-15's.

Two of the fans plug into the SYS_FAN2 plug on motherboard using a 2 to 1 adapter.

The other two fans plug into SYS_FAN3 plug on mobo using a 2 to 1 adapter also.

Exact same fans, exact same cabling.

I noticed today that physically the amount of air being drawn out of the rad on one side is a decent amount lower than the other side.

Have found that the two fans plugged into SYS_FAN2 are running slower, actually at about half the RPM.

Here is what i see in bios fan section, and speedfan:





Please forgive my terrible photos i took them on my phone. Adjusting setting in bios nor speedfan does nothing to increase the speed of the fans plugged into SYS_FAN2, which i understand is as they are non PWM fans?

I am not sure what is going on, hoping someone who knows more than me on the subject can help me out.

Thank You for your time, and i hope i made sense..

EDIT: 150 views and no replies, either i made no sense, or my problem is too difficult for an answer, i am leaning towards the former...
 
Last edited:
Back
Top