• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Syncing Laptop to Desktop

Vashypooh

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
May 25, 2006
Messages
2,542
Currently I am trying to figure something out. I would like to be able to access the email on my laptop from my desktop PC by syncing outlook with itself on both machines. I would also like to be able to sync other files for folders that i tell it I want to have kept in sync. IE making a backup of schoolwork. I would prefer having the option for it to auto sync. Any Ideas on what software would be needed to accomplish all of this?

Vash
 
Not sure what it would be in XP but I noticed in Vista there are some extensive network folder syncing options. At least in Vista Ultimate which I'm running. Not sure which packages come with it.
 
There a MS Powertoy called SyncToy that you can use in xp for folder sync. You might have to map the drive of the remote computer. I also think there is an option to have the sync occur at regular intervals or when something happens....but don't quote me on that.
 
Back
Top