synchronize 2 folders contents over network?

AMD_Gamer

Fully [H]
lets say i have a folder on my desktop and a folder on another computer that i use to store my mp3's now i download or simply add some mp3's to each folder but when i add a file to the folder on computer A computer B will check that shared folder and if it sees a new file it will automatically copy it to the music folder on computer B so you dont have to manually copy to each share when you download a new file on either computer?

is there a way this can be done?

syncback se.... $25 and it will do the job for you... i'm sure there's other ways, but thats the only one I know.

robocopy from the server 2003 resource kit. could make it a scheduled task.

I use ViceVersa Pro for synchronizing, it can be configured to sync both directions, so files added to either share will be copied to the other computer, as well as a host of other options. If one PC is a Linux machine, you can just run ViceVersa on the Windows PC, and it'll keep everything up to date. http://www.tgrmn.com/ , they have a 30 day trial so you can play with it.

Another option that I'm migrating to is Bacula , works especially great if you have a mix of Windows and *nix clients. A little more challenging to configure, but it's free open source.

Back