Synced bookmarks across multiple computers?

Jon55

2[H]4U
Forgive me because I know this question has come up multiple times before, but my searches keep turning up empty.

Anyway, title says it all. What's the best way to sync browser bookmarks across multiple computers in both Firefox and Chrome? I don't want to have to install any software or anything like that, as I'm sure there are many different ways to have them synced "in the cloud."

With Chrome, I noticed the option to "sign in to chrome" which means signing into your google account, and that looked pretty promising, but I wanted to check here first. Firefox I have no idea how to go about that. Thank you in advance guys.

Just sign into chrome and you can sync. Firefox has it too, but I have never used it. It should be the same sort of deal, though.

Just sign into chrome and you can sync. Firefox has it too, but I have never used it. It should be the same sort of deal, though.

This.

I installed Chrome just to play battlefield 3 (battlelog requirement, since FF with my scripts was wigging out the game).

Chrome asks, before you even open it, if you would like to import your other browser data... you can't miss it dude. I think most browsers do this nowadays..... it will ask to import, and then right after it always ask you "DO YOU WANT TO SET THIS BROWSER AS YOUR DEFAULT?" --- you can't miss it!

I use Xmarks. You do have to install a addon/plugin, but it allows syncing across different browsers. The people who make Xmarks also make Lastpass which is also really useful.

I dont know whether you are prepared to use Opera but the functionality is built into that browser. Its called opera link. I have 4 pcs, a tablet and an adroid phone all with linked favourites.

Foxmarks is cross browser syncing, so if you use multiple browsers, this is the way to go. Beware, your bookmarks are semi-public or fully public depends on how you set it up. I asked for the same system as Lastpass, where the bookmarks are encrypted locally and then sent to the cloud encrypted, but they ignored me. 8( Since they offer a premium system now, I don't understand why this wouldn't work for premium. If I pay, then I should be able to have my bookmarks free from data mining and personal data theft.

Each major browser has a sync service. So if you are only using 1 browser (across mobile platforms as well), then you can just use the inbuilt sync function.

Firefox's sync is the best IMO because they implement what I asked Lastpass/foxmarks for. Firefox bookmarks are encrypted at the desktop and sent to the cloud encrypted.

Back