Synapse software and the Ouroboros

crad

n00b
I received the Razer Ouroboros as a gift. This is my first Razer product. My question is, do I need to install the Synapse software? The mouse may or may not be used for gaming, I am not sure at this point. Is it required to download a driver from Razer or can I just plug it in, charge it up and start using it?

Can you please post your impressions? Been looking for any type of review on this mouse and coming up short.

After I use the mouse for a short period of time I will post back with my impressions. There is a review posted on youtube that was posted yesterday or the day before. You might want to check that out.

You'll want to use Synapse if you want to make macros or change any of the button bindings.

If you like it stock the way it is then you don't have to install synapse.

I almost bought that mouse but for me I need a few more buttons on a mouse. But I am curious to see how well it works.

I have been using the mouse for about two weeks and these are my first impressions. The built quality is good in that is feels relatively solid in the hand. I have not been able to detect any latency whatsoever. The removable side panels are held by three magnets and it does require some force to remove them so they do not fall off or wobble in any manner.I have large hands so the adjustable length and palm swell make it much more comfortable to use. Tracking has been flawless to date. Long term use will be the true determination of its ruggedness. I will try to answer any specfic questions if I can

Back