Symantec uninstall password

Status
Not open for further replies.

timdylan

n00b
at the place i work they installed symantec antivirus on everyone's computer before we hooked them up to make sure we wouldnt bring viruses into the network. the problem is that it makes my comp take like 10 minutes just to startup and they put a password on the uninstall. can i get around this password i mean its my computer and i cant even uninstall the software on it.

im close to just reformatting but hoping theres a different way
tim

Hmmm. I would say that this is awfully close to trying to get around the security put in place by your work. And that is a no no here.

If there is an issue with your AV or your laptop is taking too long to boot up I would talk to your sysadmin. If you are supposed to have the password to uninstall the AV they will give it to ya. If you aren't then maybe they can help you work out why is it slow.

Also...just my 2 cents here. I support at work about 2000 workstations....mixed desktops and laptops. We have a password on our Symantec AV too. And getting around it is grounds for termination. I have seen it happen so i would proceed with caution if I were you.

That would have to be between you and your IT guy for a solution. We do not permit discussion of workarounds for school or work environments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back