Symantec Client Security Eating my RAM

My laptop doesn't have internet connection so I can't post a pick right now but I installed Symantec Client Securities onto my laptop that came from my university. I thought it had the corporate edition of the antivirus. When I go check my processes it shows there are three processes really hogging the resources. One is 60megs and the other two are 20megs. Now If I didn't have 2gigs of ram already at my disposal, my computer would be dying right now as windows itself uses a lot of ram without the extra junk. Is this suppose to be right or did I get the bad version?

Not sure, I have 1 gig of RAM and none of the symantec stuff affects me....

if it is symantec client security version 10, it has a known memory leak. version 10.1 is fine

I don't know what version I have but its the only one available and I want my computer to be secure so I am still using it and not the free stuff like avg and zonealarm. I have 2gigs of ram so I shouldn't bother me too much. The one thing that does bother me is that unlike zonealarm, which popups a box asking you to allow access to programs using the internet, symantec doesn't do that. I usually just says rules created or something like that. Is this normal? I can't find or don't know how to set the options in the options panel. Thanks if anyone can help me.

Back