Symantec Antivirus solution for Exchange 2003?

DaturaX

Weaksauce
Hi,

I am looking for Symantec Antivirus solution for Exchange 2003. Will Symantec Gateway Security 320 fit the bill?

I'd further suggest you look at Sybari's AntiGen. :) It's very, very good. Stable. Multiple scan engines.

Symantec does offer a e-mail server piece. I think it is part of thier Symantec AntiVirus Enterprise Edition.

We have it at my office. We rolled it out to all the desktops, laptops, and servers. Plus we installed it on the Exchange server. We have a server setup that all it does is pull down the updates, and distributes them out to the clients. This way none of my users has to update thier own machine, it is all done automagically. It is really nice in my opinion.

You can find more info here .

the actual exchange scanning product is totally seperate from the outlook/exchange snap-in for SAVCE. it is called symantec antivirus for microsoft exchange. it is managed through a web interface and contains a lot of email-specific controls such as attachment size limiting, prohibited file extensions, etc. you can also buy a license for their antispam product and it's integrated into the same product- just an extra license.

i know that's what you were talking about ianshot, but i wanted to try to clarify a bit.

I second that (or third?), Symantec Anvivirus for exchange is a great product, we were using it on Exchange 5.5 and will be using it next week on 2003 when we do the migration.

the server app mentioned above to upgrade the end-users definitions is eh-ok, I Like it, it's better than nothing, but in our mixed environment of anything from W95 to XP pro (mostly XP but still... any place has legacy systems) there are minor problems here and there. Still better than having l-users do anything on their machines ;) :p

I used to use the symantec av for exchange and switched to gfi ms & me. I have gfi ms and me running in gateway mode on a seperate, although you could even run it on the same machine.

Back