Swype Beta

larryBird44

Supreme [H]ardness
Recently updated my T-mobile Vibrant to Passion V8 ICS. This ROM didn't include Swype so I was able to install Swype Beta. This new version is awesome IMO, it feels faster than the original and there feels to be an improvement in accuracy.

Any other Swype Beta users out there? You can only install it if your Android device did not come with Swype from the factory. Those with Swype may expect their carrier to push the installer which allows seamless updating to the beta or final version.

Well, you can remove factory Swype using Titanium Backup if you're rooted.

I used to use Swype and it was pretty good but now I've mostly gone over to Swiftkey.

I use Swype again after using SwiftKey for awhile. The new version seems fantastic and the Nuance VR is pretty spot on.

CM Thunderbolt here.

All ROMs I know of for the ET4G come with the latest beta.

Only thing I've personally noticed (and love) is the fact you no longer have to click space when typing "I" or "a".

Can't wait til they update Swype for the Galaxy Nexus (and other 720p devices). Running this hacked version of it has a couple glitches. I'm amazed it takes them this long to update when some independent dev can hack it to work with 90% functionality almost immediately.

I used to use Swype and it was pretty good but now I've mostly gone over to Swiftkey.

This.

I got tired of the betas expiring and having to download the installers and then the update. I caught Switfkey X for free from Amazon, and haven't looked back. I found it far better than Swype, and I used to love Swype.

This.

I got tired of the betas expiring and having to download the installers and then the update. I caught Switfkey X for free from Amazon, and haven't looked back. I found it far better than Swype, and I used to love Swype.

You can just download the Swype apk and not be bothered with the expiration. Plus you get the absolute latest beta before they are pushed out.

Recently updated my T-mobile Vibrant to Passion V8 ICS. This ROM didn't include Swype so I was able to install Swype Beta. This new version is awesome IMO, it feels faster than the original and there feels to be an improvement in accuracy.

Any other Swype Beta users out there? You can only install it if your Android device did not come with Swype from the factory. Those with Swype may expect their carrier to push the installer which allows seamless updating to the beta or final version.

how is the v8 ics working ont eh vibrant so far? everything working?

Back