swtor class help please!

Probably Sith Sorcerer. Sith Sorc's are massively overpopped right now though. Honestly mine is level 12 and it feels an AWFUL LOT like a shadowpriest.

honestly I dont want to heal or tank at all, I just want to be at range and blow stuff up with really cool looking spells or skills. DPS range!

No healing and ranged DPS = Gunslinger or Sniper. Unless you don't mind the possibility of being asked to tank then you have the options of Vanguard or Powertech with their DPS trees.

Non-Ranged DPS = Jedi Knight (either AC, but mostly Sentinel) or Sith equivalents and Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin.

Mage type char is only Sorc/Consular.

Every base class has a healer advanced class except for jedi knight and sith.

The mechanics of the Sorc/Consular make them better. Plus the shield ability.

Mercenary (BH healer) has kolto missile and can turn their base (non heat generating) ability into a healing shot when they shoot friendly players. It charges up an ability that turns kolto missile into a shielding and healing ability and some other abilities are improved temporarily with it (mostly sped up or reduced heat cost). They are decent, but Heat is a terrible mechanic it has always felt off to me like you generate heat too fast for the few abilities you use unless you stick to your core spec ones.

I can't really speak for commando, I played it just a little bit. But I played mercenary up to around 40...they generally have copy cat abilities with a different mechanic (ammo vs heat).

I played a gunslinger, but I grouped with some Scoundrels....but that was before they made everything harder in beta. Scoundrel gets cloak, so you don't have to fight every last thing like the other healers have to which may be preferable to some. I believe they also get some reactive heals, they can put on someone and when they take damage it heals. Mercenary gets one too but it can only be put on one player....Scoundrel on my team had theirs on multiple people.

If things stayed the same, Sorc/Cons are best healers due to shielding, knockbacks, CC, and other things they have at their disposal. Plus their mechanic operating more like a mana bar it makes it easier to judge how screwed you are.

It's rough being a non-healer until they start getting shielding and other abilities to make up for their lack of healing. That's usually 30+.

Back