Sword Coast is coming in 2015. D&D fans can rejoice!

Game comes out a Month from now or like the 29th of September before the mass list of games that come out in November.

I'm just wondering how it will compare to Pillars of Eternity which I still haven't finished not even close I'm still on ACT I.

Game comes out tomorrow 20th I think hopefully it won't be delayed.
Hoping for better Combat then Pillars of Eternity maybe some better visuals game came out on short notice it seemed.

I guess there was a Beta or something people were ragging on it...I expect it to be Half way decent I mean the environments look great.
The story might have a lighter side to it then serious Pillars of Eternity where you are like WTF is going on the entire game.

Last edited:
It's live they moved it up a day downloading it now unless it's really really bad I won't get a refund.

I gave the game another chance.....you need to use the arrow keys to pan the environment someone told me you can skip dialogue with the space bar. The interface takes a while to get used to I'll keep the game because they world alrways needs more top down RPGs.
Looks pretty nice but it's kinda on rails it seems.

Last edited:
I went over the two hours mark for a refund so I'm stuck with it game picks up after you get to the boss of the Mercenary cave. Game doesn't have those graphics which Divinity Original Sin spoiled everyone with for top down games but it has it holds it's own I actually like the AI and gameplay better then the Bull Rush with Pilllars of Eternity you have Archers lobbing at you and casters. Game has lots of potential to be good.

2015-10-20_00003_zpsuvkx8lgc.jpg

Screenshot from my ASUS Swift a door opens up after you beat the first Newb boss.
If this game came out in 1999 people would be all over it.

Dang, didn't even notice until last night that this launched. Not much fanfare. That can't really be a good sign.

Anyone try DM mode yet?

I've been playing it a bit. The head start was really rough (lots of network issues and bugs) but that has mostly been fixed.

The other night I played through the single player campaign with a buddy. We had a couple of annoyances - the biggest one, vendors stealing focus from the whole party, was just fixed in a patch. I also wished we could assign control of party NPCs to differenty players - they all belong to the game host. But other than that it worked fine. No network issues or lag, and voice chat is built-in and works great (push control to talk).

Haven't tried DM mode yet. Single player is just 'ok', if you were a fan of D&D and/or the NWN1/NWN2/BG games then give this one a try too. It's on par with the Neverwinters.

Hey they listen =) to me anyway =)

Posted a complaint on the Steam forums about not being able to pan the screen using a mouse I guess they added it today will check it out later.

This is Dan Tudge, Director for Sword Coast Legends, President at n-Space, and stalwart party member, here with our first post-launch State of the Game.

Sword Coast Legends launched last week on PC, Mac, and Linux. We've worked closely with Wizards of the Coast to bring this Dungeons & Dragons experience to you. The D&D team has been involved the whole way, and we know they share our excitement about the many adventures that will be had as a result of Sword Coast Legends. Together, we set out to deliver a compelling, fresh RPG with an epic storyline, co-op gameplay, and even some extra twists on dungeon crawls with a real-time DM mode. The end result is something we're extremely proud of -- something we all believe fits nicely into the diverse catalog of D&D titles spread across different genres, be they MMO, action RPG, conventional CRPG, or even arcade hack 'n' slash.

However, early user impressions for Sword Coast Legends have been polarizing. While many players love it, it is clear that for many, Sword Coast Legends did not meet their expectations. For those who have expressed disappointment in the game, I have just one thing to say: "We hear you." We are a very small, independent development team, and we would not have made it this far without you. We thank you for your continued support. In D&D, the party is everything, and you are the best party to have, by far.

As much and as long as we've labored to launch SCL, this is really just step one, a foundation for an even greater experience we have always intended to improve and expand. Our goal has always been to put Sword Coast Legends into the hands of would-be adventurers and to work with them to improve that experience. We have an aggressive list of content and updates planned for the near-term... one that will be delivered to you at no additional charge, starting TODAY!

Halloween Update: "The Pumpkin Patch": October 30th

New "Liars' Night" themed area and placeables in the spirit of Halloween
Cemetery DM location with over 35 new placeable objects and new player gear
Screen nudge with mouse (toggled option)
Players will now be able to move the camera by nudging the edges of the screen. The WASD keys and the middle mouse button will still work the way
they currently do.
Auto-heal at Adventurer's Camp
When entering the adventurer's camp, the party will heal any damage previously taken.
DM collect quests will display "x of x found" on the HUD
Hotkey added to re-center camera on player
Doubled the max length for DM quest conversation text
Added the option to lock your cursor to the window
Bug fixes

Sword Coast Legends: Steam™ Free Weekend!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/325600/announcements/detail/48775606485820389

DECEMBER 14 - [NS]COMMUNITY
Good news, adventurers!

If you’ve been waiting to try Sword Coast Legends or have been longing to form a party and play co-op with on-the-fence friends, we’re happy to announce that for a limited time we are letting absolutely everyone experience Sword Coast Legends free!

The Sword Coast Legends Steam Free Weekend runs from 10:00 a.m. PST on 12/17 to 10:00 a.m. PST on 12/22. Immediately following the Steam Free Weekend, Sword Coast Legends will be on sale and offered for a limited time of $19.99.

During the Steam Free Weekend, players have the opportunity to experience all of SCL’s 40+ hour story campaign, delve into more than 1,500 community made modules, or create their own adventures for others to enjoy. The entire game will be open, online and free to play.

Since launch on October 20, we’ve released two free community update packs. These community updates included highly requested features such as playable drow elves, new skill trees, additional monster abilities, character respec, and much much more. If you haven’t had an opportunity to check out our community packs, now is your chance!

Enjoy the free weekend and have a great holiday season!

Just picked this up last night on Steam for $10. Pretty fun, but I was exhausted and only got 15 minutes in so far. Seems to run pretty smooth on Linux.

Back