• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Switching over to Intel.... need assistance

ashblk

Weaksauce
Joined
Feb 17, 2008
Messages
69
Need help picking out a CPU to go with my board.

My board....

http://www.motherboardpro.com/DFI-INFINITY-NF650I-ULTRA-T2-Socket-775-New-Motherboard-p-68.html

Now what CPU...

2160, 2180 or e4300, e7200?

I really would prefer staying under $100.00 for the cheap but if the bigger numbers are much much better I would consider going a little bit more expensive.

I game, I play Gears and Assassins Creed and a couple other games but I don't play computer games that often, I play my 360, ps3 more.

So this chip is for everything but I would say mostly work related and casual usage.

I have a 5000x2 right now running at stock speeds since I don't know how to overclock.
 
Do you already have that board? If so, then go with the E2220 if its similar in price to the E2180 or E2200. If the E2160 is significantly cheaper, go for that instead. I think its $50 at microcenter, btw. The E4300 is old, and not worth buying. The E7200 is your best option, since it can be OC'd higher than the other models listed.

If you don't already have a board, why not get a P35 board instead? Its much more stable/reliable because it runs cooler, so it can OC better.
 
Oh yah, Core2's are significantly easier to OC than AX2's.

Stock speeds...

E2160: 1.8Ghz
E2180: 2.0Ghz
E2200: 2.2Ghz
E2220: 2.4Ghz

... those are easy to OC to around 3Ghz, max out around 3.4Ghz on avg.

E7200: 2.5Ghz

... it can easily reach around 3.2Ghz, max out around 3.6Ghz or more.
 
Back
Top