Switching Between Displays

GrimR

Limp Gawd
Hope this is the right forum but I just started using two monitors on a GeForce 9600GT and had a question. My goal was to have the game I was playing on my primary and Ventrilio and Firefox on the secondary. What I am trying to figure out is how to toggle between the game and the second monitor without minimizing the game.

Atl-Tab will switch but minimizes the game and I could not for the life of me figure out how to do it with the included nVidia software.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I'd rather not to be honest.

I tried looking for help on nVidias site and came up with nothing useful and as far as I can tell there is no documentation included with the software.

As indicated. Fullscreen mode doesn't play nice with dual screens.

If you want to play a game on one screen and use other apps in the other without glitches, resizing etc, you generally need to play windowed mode games. A lot of games have windowed mode options.

what about using the Extended windows setting? I used that before just fine.

Oh well. :(

I have it set to extended desktop but I cannot move my mouse off the side of the screen when the game is in full screen.

I'll give the windowed mode a try tonight. BTW, is there any preformance decrease by running in windowed mode?

Generally speaking yes there is a performance decrease running in windowed mode.

Back