Switched from vista to xp.. now I cant read my HDD's

Jitsu

Limp Gawd
I just purchased and put together a new system and installed vista on it. First time vista user.

Heres the problem:

I usually disconnect my data harddrives when messing with the harddrive that my OS is on, and only install games and other misc stuff that i dont care about losing to this HDD. So only one hdd is connected when installing windows, etc....

Now I just plugged in two harddrives with info all on them, music, movies, etc... and windows is not reading them. they were only working with a windows xp computer... why wont vista read them?

What can I do? Do I have to re-format these HDD's?

sorry, that sig is my old system...
I should have included what this system entailed in my original post...

- GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard
- ocz game x stream power supply
- EVGA GTX 260 nvida card
- 170gb raptor HDD
- Q6600

I'll try the SATA drivers, I didn't try them yet... but on my gigabyte mobo I'm already using/and one HDD is recgonized

Device manager recgonizes my drives.... but they dont show up in my computer.....

I also cant install my computers sata drivers, some hardware doesnt meet requiremnts, but if they show up in device manager I dont think this matters

Apparently vista only reads partitions... so I had to format and partition my new HDD... I have to go back to my vista system to read all my old hdd's with my gb's of music on them

Back