Switch to turn neon lights off...

BiGG_MiDDLe_LeGG

[H]ard|Gawd
At the risk of getting flamed for my glowing display of lights, I will have to ask the professionals for help. I plan on getting this case along with three fans.

Case

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-124-106&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

2 X 80mm Fan for the Rear

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-051&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

120mm Fan for the Front

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-999-061&catalog=23&manufactory=BROWSE

Is there a switch out there that I can plug the fans into that can turn the lights off but leave the fans on? It doesn't look possible without any modding. What about a switch or a bypass that will turn off both the lights and fans entirely? What would you recommend all together?

Any advise would greatly be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced!

You could make your own switch to turn off the fans and lights together, but then you would lose a lot of case cooling and it probably wouldn't be too good unless you were just idling.. As far as just turning off the led's I don't think there's a way to do that easily

you cant turn down just the lights, the led's and the fan dont get separate power, so if you were to turn down the voltage, both would go down

thetman456 said:
you cant turn down just the lights, the led's and the fan dont get separate power, so if you were to turn down the voltage, both would go down

So I guess the only solution really is to get seperate fans and lights?

Seperate fans and lights would be the easiest thing to do without some modding to the products. You could always clip the led power lead and split it off to a seperate control...

yeah, im sure you could like split the power to the led's but that would be a pain and you could risk making the led's no longer work. Just buy some led's if you really need em and hook up your switch to them.

Go to Radio Shack, buy a switch then splice the wire with the switch in the middle...

Or use UV sensitive fans with no LED's and UV lights. Turn the lights off and the fans arent affected, they just dont glow. You'll want to test this though before you buy alot of parts. Just be sure the effect you get is the effect you desire.

I was looking into adding some color to the inside of my case too, I've got some assorted parts in transit (if I can convince the credit card people that I'm really me). At first I was looking at using LEDs, but then I realised that I didn't want to try to sleep with runway lights right next to my head. SO I am at trying to go UV, so that I got TONS of color on the inside, but it doesn't nessecarially spill outside the case. I need to go separate thread on this if I keep talking, maybe I'll do just that.

You could go with these fans. The inverter is on its own power line and they come with a switch to turn the cold cathode off while leaving the fan running.

Xyrax said:
You could go with these fans. The inverter is on its own power line and they come with a switch to turn the cold cathode off while leaving the fan running.

yeah if you want to have lighted fans you can control this is the best idea

Plus, if you're going with a UV set up, you can get the UV fans so when you have the lights on the fans light doesn't interfere with the UV. Colored LED fans(non-UV) will drown out the UV effect on anything near the fan.

Back