Switch from G500 to Razer Imperator for gaming?

Zinn

2[H]4U
I love my G500 for getting work done--the free scrolling mode makes it easy to get through documents. Unfortunately, for everything else, the scroll wheel just sucks. Middle clicking requires pinpoint accuracy to not accidentally scroll, and the left/right tilt makes the wheel feel wobbly and loose. For gaming, this sucks.

I noticed the Razer Imperator has a similar ergonomic look, but the scroll wheel doesn't have the tilt / free-scroll features. I was wondering if this would make for better gaming, and if anyone had used this mouse before.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I don't know man. Prepare for lower build quality with the razer, though.

I don't know man. Prepare for lower build quality with the razer, though.

Razer, to me, seems to be getting away from poor build quality. I the think the build quality and feel of my deathadder black is equal or better than any logitech product I've owned (510, 518 and g9x).

You could always try the Black DeathAdder that was dubbed better than the previous DeathAdders. Not sure if their build quality has risen or still remains atrociously pathetic. The reason why I'm suggesting the DA is because it's the most used mouse amongst the Razer mices and it has enough record to be (securely) reliable. For the Imperator, not sure.

Why don't you check out corsair's mice? They look like they could be pretty good. Haven't really looked into them.

Dunno about you, but while it IS more difficult to middle click using the G500 over say the G5, it isn't a problem for me 99% of the time.

Why not just rebind middle click to something else?

I can't remember the last time I used it for anything, because it's less convenient than having whatever function that was supposed to be there on a side mouse button or the keyboard.

The imperrator is my favorite mouse I've ever used, which includes: deathadder, naga, intelli, habu, ikari laser, fatl1ty 1010.

I really didn't like the deathadder that much, it was heavier at 130g versus 100g for imperrator, shape made a bit harder to pick up and it made left clicking sub-par ergonomically for me and cause my index finger's knuckle to hurt. I have pretty small hands so that might have played a factor.

I would also consider the g400 and the MX518, which I still would like to try out. they're 103 and 105g and similar shape to imperrator. The imperrator also has a very low lift-off distance which is great and the dual optical/laser system is top-notch though maybe excessive precision. If the g400 or MX518 feel better I would go them and use a skotch tape mod to lower lift distance.

Back