Swiftech's GPU Waterblock

cnick79

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 5, 2004
Messages
1,836
I plan on using 3/8" ID tubing, do I need any special adapters to use the swiftech MCW50 block?
 
cnick79 said:
I plan on using 3/8" ID tubing, do I need any special adapters to use the swiftech MCW50 block?

The fittings are 1/2" OD. You'll need tubing that is exactly 1/2" OD
If you use Tygon 3/8" ID, the OD is still 5/8", so you'll need an adapter like what I did with mine.
Check my thread for a picture of what I mean.
 
you must understand....hoses and tubing have an ID (inner diameter) and an OD (outer diameter)

What is the outer diameter of your 3/8" (ID) tubing? 1/2" or 5/8"?

if it is 1/2", then no adaptor is needed

if it is 5/8", then you need the adaptor rtierney posted
 
rtierney said:
The fittings are 1/2" OD. You'll need tubing that is exactly 1/2" OD
If you use Tygon 3/8" ID, the OD is still 5/8", so you'll need an adapter like what I did with mine.
Check my thread for a picture of what I mean.


Tygon in 3/8id 1/2od is availible...it's just too soft to consistantly work with the swiftech push-fit connections.
 
swiftech sells 3/8" barbs.

mcw50-w3-8barb.jpg


PI251612S.jpg
 
Back
Top