Swiftech

Glyphic

[H]ard|Gawd
Alright, I've been looking closely at some swifttech kits, they seem to be a good price for a kit that includes a 12v pump. I'm only using this to cool my cpu for now, and since I'm tight and space and not particulary fond of cutting my case, I've been looking at this kit which includes a mini rad that mounts onto the rear 80mm holes for my case's exhaust fan inside on the rear. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-108-041&depa=0
Anyone have any experience with swifttech and give any suggestions or anything? thanks in advance, I'll be ordering by friday, maybe sooner

Got the exact same kit (cept for XP but also bought the P4 hold down) and installed it fairly pain free two weeks ago for my first ever WC setup.

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=805360

The biggest suggestion I can give you is, buy some ClearFlex or Tygon tubing as well and _twist_ as you are inserting the tubing into the quick connect collets. I had to apply so much force to get the vinyl tubing into the collets that I was _sure_ I was damaging something. I bet the better tubing would have inserted better (you are going to want 3/8" ID 1/2" OD tubing). I've been told the better tubing will also flex better and not yellow/wear out as fast.

Another tip, you may want to pick up some extra beige tube inserts because my kit only came with 5 and you need 6 (two for Rad, two for CPU, two for Fill/Bleed).

I can almost guarantee you that you will be very please with this setup once you have it installed. That block is hard to beat and the pump is whisper quite compared to my air cooling setup.

Good luck

Edit: the Rad sucks and is the only thing that keeps this kit from reaching real potential but that is completely inconsequential. The reason being a) you will be WC which is goal, b) you'll be dreaming of your second WC setup about 30 minutes after you finish bleeding your first WC system, and c) it is SO easy to replace this once you've gotten your feet wet with WC (pun intended).

Thanks for the info, I will look into getting some tygon or clearflex, also about the fittings, says it comes with a set of two, I guess only 2 fittings, the tubing comes already metal clamped onto the waterblock, and the fill and bleed kit should have the fittings on it from the descriptions, so I think that shouldn't be a problem, so the two it comes with are for the rad and that should be it, thanks again

one more thing, I heard you should use de-mineralized water to make you pump last longer :confused: :confused: How exactly do you do this?

Just another name for "Distilled Water". Distilled is supposed to be the best, not spring water, or purified via reverse osmo, distilled.

That rad is absolutely garbage. I got a similar kit (same pump, block, rad), and my temps were horrible. This was, however, in the middle of summer, and I was getting around 42-43 idle and 47 full load. Also, the fill/bleed kit isn't very good either. It takes forever to fill/bleed the system. It's a good kit to start out with, but some things will get on your nerves after a while.

*deleted* was looking at some dangerden stuff, but this kit should do for now

*edit2* sorry for the noobiness, don't I also have to remove the factory thermal stuff from my cpu, and then use AS between cpu and wb?

Yeah. you have to remove the thermal paste or pad thats on there and apply new paste when installing the waterblock. AS5 is the one to use. If you have any questions about removal or installation of the paste just go to Arctic silvers web site for very detailed info on removing the old stuff and applying the new.

Link to their site: http://www.arcticsilver.com/

Back