Swiftech MCWRamcool

I have pics of those in use in SLI for my U2-UFO build. I'll post better pics when I get my camera back. They're great as you can separate them from the main loop or even keep them on the main loop but it won't impact your flow rate much through the use of F-connectors.

They're easy to mount and easy to use. If only they came up with something similar for the 8800 series.

Anyone happen to know whether Swiftech plans on producing these to fit the 88xx series cards?

I wouldn't say disaster. They were just behind the time curve in coming out so they ended up not being the triumph everyone hoped they'd be. Couple that to the tooling cost and you've got a reason why it won't happen again. Had nV left the PCB design alone or just did a minor change it might have come to pass that the Ramcool would've been adapted over like the 7900 SLI version as opposed to the "everything else" version. But no, it was a radical change so none of the tooling could be carried over and I guess Gabe just said that's too bad and decided to try something completely different. Now we have the Stealth... whee.

It's really a pity though. I've messed with them and they're quite nice. I've seen significant increases in overclocks on my ram just by water cooling it. Actually, that's why you haven't seen me saying that there's no reason to WC GPU ram lately, I've seen first hand that there is. I'm not particularly hip on full coverage blocks due to the thick T.I.M. blankets used by some and the fact that the cards are never the same so there's no way to get a 100% perfect interface all around the board. The Ramcool helped combat that but sadly it looks like it's going the way of the dodo.

I've got one of those sitting around the house somewhere, I used it for a while but it got to be to much of a pain in the A$$ plumbing the thing every time I swapped out cases. I honestly don't think Gabe will be producing these for any other cards mainly because I don't think they were all that big of a seller. The results were't all that great (none) over using BGA14 ram sinks, that is unless you're into volt modding the ram, then they really come in to their own.

Only those that didn't know any better................:p

dsc00068kq2.jpg

dsc00069cf6.jpg

dsc00070oz2.jpg

I've got one of those sitting around the house somewhere, I used it for a while but it got to be to much of a pain in the A$$ plumbing the thing every time I swapped out cases. I honestly don't think Gabe will be producing these for any other cards mainly because I don't think they were all that big of a seller. The results were't all that great (none) over using BGA14 ram sinks, that is unless you're into volt modding the ram, then they really come in to their own.

Funny that, I went from about 25mhz on my ram to 75mhz by going from stock ram cooling (monolithic GPU plate cooler that cooled the ram too) to the MCWRamcool.

My 7900GT didn't come with that type of all in one cooler, I only tested it with the BGA 14 ram sinks vers the Rancool, both tests ran with the GPU water cooled, thus no real gain (slight, maybe 25 at the most) in memory OC.

41hc.jpg

118xq.jpg

Am I seeing that correctly that only half the ram chips have water running over them?

No, it hits them all. The RAM cool is probably the best product available at reducing the temps on the ram chips. Unfortunately, it isn't as easy as FC's to install (since it is a 2 step process that requires its own tubing), and as a result didn't catch on as the FC blocks did.

I wish Swiftech would create a similar product for the 8800's.

Am I seeing that correctly that only half the ram chips have water running over them?

Current Nvidia (7900series and others) only have ram on the front side of the cards, I think it's time you updated your HW a bit TN...............:D

Current Nvidia (7900series and others) only have ram on the front side of the cards, I think it's time you updated your HW a bit TN...............:D

It doesn't look to me like all the ram chips get water cooled with the spigots being in the middle of the block unless they did some fancy water channels in there.

Well if I get a new job I plan on getting a pair of 88xx series card for FFI. The FF project is getting a C2D, G 1/4 AC components, and a pair of DDC's of some type with AC Poweradjust units to run them. Maybe even a mCubed controller as well. :D

I wish Swiftech would create a similar product for the 8800's.
in my opinion, the 8800 ram chips don't run that hot.

i use their mcw8800 copper heatsinks and separating the chips one-by-one eliminates the need for a "super-cooler" because you are cooling just one chip at a time.

the g80 chip is where the heat is;) take the hint...

It's not about whether they run hot or not, imo. I run a naked 8800GTX with only a MCW60 at my office without any sinks.

However, I'd like to be given the option to purchase something that would actively cool the ram chips AND i/o chip/vregs without the hit in restriction by offering a RAM cool product for it.

In any case, the EK FC solution has turned out well enough that I'm not thumping for one.

It's not about whether they run hot or not, imo. I run a naked 8800GTX with only a MCW60 at my office without any sinks.

However, I'd like to be given the option to purchase something that would actively cool the ram chips AND i/o chip/vregs without the hit in restriction by offering a RAM cool product for it.

In any case, the EK FC solution has turned out well enough that I'm not thumping for one.

Having options is always good ..............:D And there's still the folks out there that will end up doing volt mods and the like to the cards ram that will really heat things up regardless of what some folks may think.

Well maybe not active but add a fan and bamn.

GFX-AirSink2.jpg

Back