Swiftech MCW30 Chipset block

LazyKid

n00b
Has anyone seen this, ordered or tried one out yet? Its for both Intel and AMD also works for SLI boards. Looks like a perfect match for all the Storm and Apogee users. I'm thinking about putting in my dual xeon setup.

here at FrozenCPU.com

Looks like its a new thing from them as I havent seen that on their site www.swiftnets.com Im thinking about getting a HDD block and a chipset block, but I heard their kinda restrictive. I may just put my HDD and chipset in a 2nd loop if i ever decide that. Right now im waiting to get the neptune series from stasis for my 7800 :D

The DFI lanparty boards (not the expert) look similar with their chipset areas. I wish they would say why it doesnt fit, not 'doenst fit'. The expert has a lot more room around the chipset, so I wonder if it will fit on that one. it is very similar to the a8n-sli boards from asus and it will fit on the asus so...

I ordered one today to match my apogee for my new a8n SLI setup.... I'll update once my system is put together...

DangerIsGo said:
The DFI lanparty boards (not the expert) look similar with their chipset areas. I wish they would say why it doesnt fit, not 'doenst fit'. The expert has a lot more room around the chipset, so I wonder if it will fit on that one. it is very similar to the a8n-sli boards from asus and it will fit on the asus so...

On the non-expert boards, the barbs woudl probably get in the way of the video card, its got funky chipset placement.

However, I am going to assume this will fit on the DFI expert since its fits on the Asus SLI boards, and they have an almost ideneticle layout in the chipset/pci slot region.

another product farmed out to their overseas shop.......it'll be interesting to see if this one also ends up having a problem with copper cuttings being left inside the block as well.

I thought this was a baby Apogee, not Storm :\ also it won't fit the DFI because of the height restrictions with the video card being right over the NB

DFI Daishi said:
another product farmed out to their overseas shop.......it'll be interesting to see if this one also ends up having a problem with copper cuttings being left inside the block as well.
It shouldn't have any shaving in it as there is no structure inside of the waterblock. Its just a flat copper plate. Low restriction indeed!

autobot said:
It shouldn't have any shaving in it as there is no structure inside of the waterblock. Its just a flat copper plate. Low restriction indeed!
interesting. i didn't initially think about what a " completely unrestricted chamber" implied.

good eye, good thinking. :cool:

I wanna get one as my chipset gets a little too hot (50C+) sometimes. Its also a good price. But first I wanna get the stasis 7800 neptune block. Thats got really good first look and results.

Just got an email from Swiftech:

Dear Me:

Compatiblity list was just updated as follows:

mcw30comp.jpg

Best Regards,

Gabe

Sweet... :cool:

darn... i really wish i saw this before buying my a8n-maze4. o well, dangerden wins again.

Back