swiftech h20-22 kit upgradable over time?

Bizill

n00b
Swiftech H20-22- Apex Ultima Liquid Cooling Kit

i got a new computer build, actually my first that consists of

intel i-7 920 (will overclock)
undecided mobo, but probably evga x58
6gb corsair dominators 1600 (3 x 2gb)
visiontek radeon 4870 x2 (single for now, crossfire possible in future)
2 wd caviar black 1tb's
antec 1200 case
antec true power quattro 1000w psu

i want to start first with cooling the cpu with that apogee gtz block. but i know i'll love the feelin' and wish to get a wb for my 4870 x2 in the future. and then possibly n/s bridges and maybe even mosfets down the line. if i start with this cooling KIT, can i just add another radiator and tie everything together well or would i have to go off and get another MCP655-B pump to keep up? will one pump drive dual radiators with ease?

please help me out here. i've read and searched a good amount. but i'd love some personal feedback from you fine folk. thank you!!! bill.

Get a MCP355 with an XS top, I use a res top. You'll need the added head pressure if you do nb/sb/2x gpu.

You won't have enough radiator for all that, ideally, you'll have a triple rad for the i7 as they get crazy hot when you OC, and a triple rad/maybe even quad for the crossfire 4870x2s

Oh and I hate you for having a 4870x2 =[ I'm still waiting on that price drop!

well i'm upgrading from a top of the line (circa 2000) dell dimension to this.

with this swiftech kit in place and i decide to go at least with gpu block, you're saying to ADD the mcp355 to the kit or am i misunderstanding you? thanks souless.

as for the 4870 x2, i went with the ms live cashback of 30% through ebay.:cool: and i chose visiontek due to lifetime warrantee.

well, i orded it from crazy pc along with some blue uv dye and some uv cathodes. also picked up the saitek eclipse II. i think i'll go with the evga board for my i7-920. i can't wait any longer for the evga ftw x58 board. and ebay has cashback of 20% again if you search for "overstock electronics".

A dual 120mm rad is all you need for the HD4870x2, which I have. I would do separate loops for the CPU and GPU. As far as cooling the NB and SB, not really neccessary especially on the I7 boards, although I do mine but it is a X38 board. The XSPC res/top will save you a lot of space for the second loop. I use the Koolance HD4870x2 block, but the XSPC block is almost $40 less at Jab-tech.

sweetness fella's. i'm waiting on this kit to arrive and will probably plan my setup throughout the week and get wet next weekend. i can't wait!!!

quick question, anyone know if taking off the fan and shroud of my visiontek 4870 x2 to opt for water cooling void my lifetime warranty on the card? thanks.

sweetness fella's. i'm waiting on this kit to arrive and will probably plan my setup throughout the week and get wet next weekend. i can't wait!!!

quick question, anyone know if taking off the fan and shroud of my visiontek 4870 x2 to opt for water cooling void my lifetime warranty on the card? thanks.

YES it will...:)

That's why I go nVidia and eVGA.....;)

Only if they can tell you actually took it off. I have yet to see anyone complain that their warranty was denied do to using an after market cooler for their card. But technically Red is correct.

Swiftech said in their forums that they are working on mounting brackets for the i7 CPU. It'll be a couple of months but they are definitely working on it.

Back