Swapping motherboard, restoring RAID configuration.

Stugots

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Feb 25, 2004
Messages
7,301
It looks like I may have friend my IC7-G. Long story, but to make it short the drive array is still intact because the drives were not powered on at the time of the incident.

If I buy a new IC7-G, how can I go about restoring my RAID 0 configuration to the new motherboard. I was using the onboard Intel RAID controller.
 
if you want to keep the data intact, you pray that the swap works, otherwise, you just reformat and reinstall.
 
I just remembered that my other system running an IS7 has the same raid controller as my IC7 did. I going to mess around with another set of drives on the IS7 do see if its possible ot restore a raid configuration.

I'll post my findings when I get a chance to work on it.
 
Just enable RAID in the bios on the new board and it should detect the array and 100% and boot from it. You won't kill anything unless you go into the RAID configuration screen and change the array. Both those boards use the same ICH so it should work fine. Try it out before you get rid of your old board in case it doesn't work, that way you can get the data off. Remember as long as you don't change anything in the RAID manager (the one where you hit CTRL + i) then the array should be intact if it doesn't boot.
 
Poncho said:
Just enable RAID in the bios on the new board and it should detect the array and 100% and boot from it. You won't kill anything unless you go into the RAID configuration screen and change the array. Both those boards use the same ICH so it should work fine. Try it out before you get rid of your old board in case it doesn't work, that way you can get the data off. Remember as long as you don't change anything in the RAID manager (the one where you hit CTRL + i) then the array should be intact if it doesn't boot.

Thats what I like to hear. :)
 
It worked, my RAID configuration sucessfully restored to a IC7-Max3. I'm busy backing up my data now.
 
Back
Top