Swapping audio channels from PC to receiver

kyuusei

n00b
So I'm moving into a new studio and will have my PC and my TV in the same room, but with a 90 degree direction change. Per the diagram below, is there any way I can swap audio channels around from my PC to the receiver so I can mostly use the same speaker set up instead of having 2 completely different sets?

SPEAKER.gif

Are you using 2 AVR's?
What speakers are you using?
it's easily doable if you are using 2 AVR's just using a switch box for the 2 shared speakers.
using 1 AVR makes it a bit more complicated but it could be done as well but using more switch boxes.

Are you using 2 AVR's?
What speakers are you using?
it's easily doable if you are using 2 AVR's just using a switch box for the 2 shared speakers.
using 1 AVR makes it a bit more complicated but it could be done as well but using more switch boxes.
Right now I don't have anything except an analog 5.1 set hooked up to my PC. But the plan is for a receiver and speakers/sub, so I'm trying to keep costs down and minimize the amount of speakers and cable runs. How would I go about configuring the whole system? PC and TV both connected to AVR via HDMI, where would the switch boxes go?

Right now I don't have anything except an analog 5.1 set hooked up to my PC. But the plan is for a receiver and speakers/sub, so I'm trying to keep costs down and minimize the amount of speakers and cable runs. How would I go about configuring the whole system? PC and TV both connected to AVR via HDMI, where would the switch boxes go?
With 1 AVR the switch boxes would go right near the AVR, you will need 5 A/B switch boxes, and you will want to have at least 6 of the same model speakers.

EDIT: now that I think about it, you might need 7 swtich boxes, 2 would be at each of the speaker used for the PC's rear surround channels.

Last edited:
Looks like 7 switches are needed.
And all switches can be near the AVR.
IMG_0593.JPEG

Last edited:
Ahh I think I got it.

That's quite a lot of hardware and swapping from computer - tv and vice versa means clicking 7 switches....any ideas for a more streamlined alternative? With 2 AVRs, just 2 switches for the PC rear surrounds as you said...but AVRs aren't cheap. It's kinda starting to look like it's more trouble than it's worth.

Ahh I think I got it.

That's quite a lot of hardware and swapping from computer - tv and vice versa means clicking 7 switches....any ideas for a more streamlined alternative? With 2 AVRs, just 2 switches for the PC rear surrounds as you said...but AVRs aren't cheap. It's kinda starting to look like it's more trouble than it's worth.
get a used AVR for the PC.
I got the AVR and the 2 large speakers a few years ago for $40. I use this setup in the garage.
IMG_0392.JPEG

Back