• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Swapping an E2180 and Celeron 430

htpc_user

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 27, 2008
Messages
1,435
I have two computers (actually more than that ;)); one has an E2180 and the other has a Celeron 430. The E2180 is in my file server that I have stored movies and music on, and that's all it does. It stays on 24/7. The Celeron right now is just in my youngest son's room. What I've been wondering is should I put the Celeron in the file server and the E2180 somewhere that may make the most use of it? The server essentially doesn't do anything other than sit there. So I figured the Celeron could handle file serving duties, and I wouldn't even see a difference. Also, I figured the Celeron was a little more energy efficient at only 35 watts and would be better running 24/7. What do you think?
 
Back
Top