• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Swapped computer cases now no video

soft

n00b
Joined
Dec 3, 2005
Messages
11
I took all of the internals from my HP computer and put them into a new gaming case. The problem now is it turns on but I don't see anything on my monitor. I didn't change or add anything, any idea what it might be?
Thanks,
soft
 
Check cable connections, check power connections, check for shorts from mobo-case.

If it's still not working, double check the hardware to make sure you didn't fry something in the process, remove all components from the case and build the parts outside it on non-conductive surface. See if it posts there. If so, re-build it, you shouldn't make the same mistake twice.

Good luck.
 
Had this problem when i put my micro atx t-force in my case after taking out Atx.
Make sure that you only have the standoffs needed for your motherboard , chances are that you have a stray like i did thats shorting out your motherboard , good luck.



-TopGun
 
Thanks for the help, turns out the cpu got bumped so all it needed was aligning and now I can see. :cool:
 
Back
Top