Swans M10 problem...

p4gs

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 7, 2007
Messages
503
I just got my swans m10 this morning. They're great except for the fact that the left speaker is "buzzing" and distorted when it plays certain frequencies on certain songs. It's very noticeable and annoying. It makes it sound all grainy. It's mostly on songs with mid piano sounds or mid bass. I can make the buzzing go away mostly by just putting my thumb anywhere on the 3" midrange driver, but once I let go it keeps sounding fuzzy and grainy again.

It's especially noticeable when I play Ntr/Mission by Linkin Park (Reanimation CD).

Do I just need to burn-in the speakers some more or is this more of a permanent problem?
 
I'm pretty sure it's not part of the burn-in process; I've never heard of any speaker normally having a buzz at first that disappears with burn in. I'd try to return them.
 
Back
Top