• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Swans M10 in black?

goldy

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
1,895
I came across this photo:

5jwjh4.jpg


Are those black swan m10's (bottom shelf , offset to left)? Anyone ever see them before or know were to get them?
 
Contact jon at theaudioinsider.com via email or the forum there. He'd be able to special order them if necessary.
 
The only other place I found the actual speakers were at PartsExpress, and they are out of stock. I shot off a e-mail to the CS regarding stock:

Hello-

Thank you for contacting Parts Express. In answer to your question, the (310-444) Swans M10 has been discontinued and we will not be receiving another shipment.

Sorry about that! Please keep us in mind for other purchases.

Audioinsider does seem to have them in stock, but they are white. I tried shooting a e-mail as mentioned above inquiring about the black set, but got a kickback failure notice.

I really did not have my eye on these speakers in general but I have read so many good reviews on them. It would be my first venture away from the standard Logitech, Creative line of speakers. I want to see what all the fuss is about with all this logicrap talk ;-x. I might just grab a white set, but the price is $120 shipped. Anyone know any other sources to find them at a decent price (I tried google and craigslist/ebay)?
 
yea im in the same boat. Id prefer black but dont mind the white setup. looking for cheaper too :)
do they sell these locally?
 
Last edited:
The only other place I found the actual speakers were at PartsExpress, and they are out of stock. I shot off a e-mail to the CS regarding stock:



Audioinsider does seem to have them in stock, but they are white. I tried shooting a e-mail as mentioned above inquiring about the black set, but got a kickback failure notice.

I really did not have my eye on these speakers in general but I have read so many good reviews on them. It would be my first venture away from the standard Logitech, Creative line of speakers. I want to see what all the fuss is about with all this logicrap talk ;-x. I might just grab a white set, but the price is $120 shipped. Anyone know any other sources to find them at a decent price (I tried google and craigslist/ebay)?

Wow I just ordered them from Parts Express a month ago since they were selling them for slightly cheaper than audioinsider at $89.99 + shipping ....

But then they also ran a special were if you ordered over $98.00 shipping was free, but that was after i ordered and they were out of stock.

I guess this answers why i didnt see them on the site anymore...Wonder if it is true that Swan is discontinuing them or if parts express decided to stop selling them.. I figure its the first since these sold pretty welll there I heard..

Looks like audioinsider is the only one carrying them here in US now.... Would like to see better pics of the black version but the white ones are a beauty also in my opinion.

Side note.... great sound quality speakers for the price, I'm using mine mostly for music.
 
Last edited:
Side note.... great sound quality speakers for the price, I'm using mine mostly for music.

How are they for gaming? I am probably going to order a set if I can't find anything else. Thanks for the input.
 
hi, just got the Swan m10s... but do I need another wire to connect them to my computer?
The only ones I see are 2 wires that connect to the mid-sub... how do I connect this to my computer?
Sorry if the question's been asked before... do I gotta buy a dual rca input -> audio input cable? (no idea what it's called obviously).

Thanks in advance.
 
anyone have a picture of the back of the speakers, I also have this question now that I think about it. Are the speakers connected to the sub since its an active? and then the sub runs a line [3.5 stereo] to your PC output or is it native RCA?
 
anyone have a picture of the back of the speakers, I also have this question now that I think about it. Are the speakers connected to the sub since its an active? and then the sub runs a line [3.5 stereo] to your PC output or is it native RCA?

Speakers plug into the back of the sub via RCA connection. Then there is second set of RCA inputs for the output from the computer. They provide a RCA to 3.5mm cable with the speakers to connect the computer to the sub.
 
that's what I kind of thought... I thought I was going crazy but I think the person I bought it from just forgot to include it ;x
 
Let me know how what you think of the speakers once you listen to them, I ordered a set but they have yet to ship... getting antsy.
 
Does anyone have any experience with the following mount:
http://www.amazon.com/B-TECH-Ultrag...?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243386949&sr=8-46

I am thinking about using one to mount the m10 woofer above my monitor pointing down on a angle (woofer meets all the size & weight specs of the mount), is it really necessary to have the woofer on the desk or would the above link be a alternative? I do have a stud in the wall were I would like to mount it but would this be secure to hold it?

I was originally looking at this item: http://www.amazon.com/SANUS-SYSTEMS...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1243387999&sr=1-1
This seems a little safer as it has a tab at the front to prevent the speaker from sliding out, but the reviews are pretty bad on it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would do a test, one with it on the desk and one with a friend holding it above the monitor at an angle. Sometimes with weaker subs, you need it to be in contact with a surface to create enough resonance to fill out the bass. Find out which it is and then get the mount if you need it.

In terms of mounts, the first one you list looks very good. I wouldn't touch the cheapo one though that you were originally looking at.
 
OP looks like you got them in black. how?

Black doesn't exist (at least here in the US). The photos were stock photos from HiVi, but AFIK nobody sells the black ones and now that audioinsider is OOS, I think no one sells the white ones either.
 
Black doesn't exist (at least here in the US). The photos were stock photos from HiVi, but AFIK nobody sells the black ones and now that audioinsider is OOS, I think no one sells the white ones either.

I think they are getting the white ones back in stock. I had a problem with my volume knob on the woofer (it would grind with something when turning the volume past 50%, like it was about to snap off) and he told me he would replace them at his cost, I just had the ship them back. The top of the speakers seemed a little warped as well, nothing serious but you could tell they were not level when looking at them at eye level. I was more concerned with the volume knob as I could of lived with the other problem.
 
call jon at theaudioinsider and see if they have any plans to. if not, try the boston acoustics mm226. they're also supposed to be pretty solid.
 
Back
Top