• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Swans D1080 Problem

hi_fi82

n00b
Joined
Jul 30, 2009
Messages
22
Hi,

I just received the Swan D1080 set (after much research), and while they look and sound beautiful, for some reason they stop emitting sound at random times and I have to turn off the unit and turn it back on.

I received them from Parts-Express.

Anyone else experience this? Do I have a defective set?
 
Last edited:
how loud are you running them? it could be the amp is bad and is shutting down or there could be a short or other problem in the circuitry causing that. I'd contact (audioinsider?) and see about getting it repaired/replcaed.
 
Return, the amp is messing up. That or make sure you are sending like 50% sound to them from computer. But yeah they sound bad.
 
So. these speakers are that fragile? I can't set the wave/volume control volume from the computer to a high-level? They haven't shorted-out since I turned off the equalizer.
 
Last edited:
Case Closed. Parts Express offered to switch them out for a new set. What's the chance that this set will be defective as well. In the manual, HiVi claims a .8% defective rate on their speakers, but from what i've read, their seem to be a lot of problems with them.

Would a M-Audio AV40 be a better solution?
 
Back
Top