SW: Battlefront minimum reqs...

nst6563

2[H]4U
anyone else notice the following in the readme.rtf for SWBF??

---------------------------
Minimum System Requirements
---------------------------
--------
Computer
--------
Required: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible computer

---
CPU
---
Required: Intel Pentium 3 1.0 MHz or AMD Athlon 1000 MHz

I didn't know that the P3 came in 1.0 Mhz speeds :p

thought that was funny....I'm gonna go back to playing now....

actually i think p3's got up to 1.2 or 1.3 ghz before they shut down the line of cpu's, i could be wrong though :p

corran_horn314 said:
you mean i have 1000 times the recomended cpu speed and my laptop still strugles with it :)

Yes P3's hit 1 Ghz + lol, once the athlon hit it first.

FunkeyPunk said:
actually i think p3's got up to 1.2 or 1.3 ghz before they shut down the line of cpu's, i could be wrong though :p

I think you missed the point there....re-read the line...in the readme, it says 1.0 Mhz <- :eek:

not 1.0 Ghz,

Those Minimum requirements are a bit conservative too. I got a friend that can play Battlefront (kinda non techie so I can't get frame rates outta him) with an 800Mhz CPU (AMD) and a GeForce 2 video card.

Tualatin P3s did make it to 1.3Ghz but Intel discontinued them immeidately because they were faster than Willamette P4s. Damn shame too because Tualatins can run on passive cooling.

nst6563 said:
I think you missed the point there....re-read the line...in the readme, it says 1.0 Mhz <- :eek:

not 1.0 Ghz,

ah yes, i see i see, my bad on that one lol :D

Mr_Evil said:
Those Minimum requirements are a bit conservative too. I got a friend that can play Battlefront (kinda non techie so I can't get frame rates outta him) with an 800Mhz CPU (AMD) and a GeForce 2 video card.

Tualatin P3s did make it to 1.3Ghz but Intel discontinued them immeidately because they were faster than Willamette P4s. Damn shame too because Tualatins can run on passive cooling.

1.4 Actually. We've got a Compaq Proliant server at work with a 1.4GHz Pentium 3 Tualatin.

Back