SW Battlefront 2 (release date tomorrow?)

Da Frechman

Limp Gawd
Was anybody here part of the beta test? If so, opinions? Is it stable?

Am I the only one looking forward to this title?

its allsome I love it. also the space battles are kool. and u get to be a freaking jedi.

Is it comparable to the first one (heh, hoping it's much better)? Is there single player and if so, is there a story to it?

You get to play a jedi, like online in a battlefield setting?

I'm looking foward to it as well.

I loved the first one as well, albeit the game play was a bit weak but ti was still fun none-the-less.

I have not played the beta nor a demo of the second one so I can't say for sure how good it's going to be from a personal standpoint but it doesn't matter to me. I still want it.

yes u get to play as a jedi but only 2 can be on the field . one from each side. good vs evil. and who ever is the best guy like as in points gets to be the jedi. or u can set it up so that the worst guy gets to be him.

it has a story it takes place during 1-2-3-4-5-6 of the movies at least how it seems so far. i am a little ways into it. I love it.

it eats the first one for breakfast. no comparision

I preordered it for PC from Gamestop and it is supposed to be there at 9:00 PM tonight for pickup. Their automated phone service informed me of this via a phone call last night. This was news to me, as it is not supposed to be on sale until Nov. 1. The message also said to come dressed in your Halloween costume - best costume gets a $25 Gamestop gift certificate. I REALLY should win, seeing as how I have the full-on evil Anakin costume, complete with Sith robe, Darth Vader force FX lightsaber, and Sith contacts. Anyway, I will post impressions/performance of the game tomorrow.

I'm so excited. I'll be buying both Battlefront 2 and Episode III tomorrow night after work.

The first BF left a horrible taste in my mouth.
Similar to drinking battery acid.. which is a bad thing the last time I checked.

Server browser, AI, graphics, physics, overall "BETA" feel to it made me feel like a fool for spending 50 of my hard earned dollars on it. How many games out there can you play for 2 hours and immediately uninstall due to pure disappointment. Chalk up one for this one.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

I will not play the fool and just wait till the reviews and player feedback this time.

Masume said:
The first BF left a horrible taste in my mouth.
Similar to drinking battery acid.. which is a bad thing the last time I checked.

Server browser, AI, graphics, physics, overall "BETA" feel to it made me feel like a fool for spending 50 of my hard earned dollars on it. How many games out there can you play for 2 hours and immediately uninstall due to pure disappointment. Chalk up one for this one.

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

I will not play the fool and just wait till the reviews and player feedback this time.
I actually waited to buy it until it was down to about $40. I had heard it wasn't that great so I waited. But I did love the game. It was simple. And it was good for those times when you were bored and wanted a game but didn't want to get too involved in one.

as far as the reviews I though that is what I was doing LOL, i have played it I am playing it now.. I love it.

How are the graphics? I'd hate to get a new game that looks barely better than BF1942.

The first one sucked. I'll wait until the second is down to $5 (which will probably be in about 3 months if it's anything like the first lol)

The first title was mediocre. All the people with negative comments about the second one really need to calm down and wait for the game to actually get into the hands of people, or better yet, wait to play it themselves before making any decisions.

The first one was ok. The second one seems to have everything the first one didn't. I am looking forward to it. Fighting in space is also something I've missed over the years since the space combat/sim games all disappeared.

(because I dont' want to start a new thread...)
I just bought/played the PSP version (my friend and I trade off on PC games, he's buying SWBFII for us to share, I bought F.E.A.R.) and I LOVE IT!

So far, I think it is the best game for the PSP that isn't a racing game, or a puzzle game. This may change once that other puzzle game (hint hint) is released for it, but for now, if you own a PSP, you MUST OWN this game. So much better than GTA: LCS, but I'm not a GTA fan, anywhoo.

I'll probably make a long post about it somewhere, but I think it's awesome. Think about the SOCOM beta controls....then imagine them multiplied x5 in ease-of-use, and you have this game.

I have the xbox version, and I would probably rate it a 7/10. The space combat is awesome though, and the graphics are a ton better than the original. This one supports widescreen too, which is a plus over the last title, which I hated. It also takes a lot of bandwidth over games like Halo 2, so if you like having Xbox Lan parties, you'll need a faster connection than my DSL 3.0/512 offers. This game took a dump with 4 guys on one connection, and most of the other games we play run smooth.

The addition of the unlockable classes are a nice touch, and the jedi/main characters add a lot to the gameplay.

My main complaint on the game is that the ground vehicles are virtually unstoppable, and I feel that the controls are still kinda 'loose'

I probably should have purchased the PC version, but I think this is a fun game to pick up play for a bit, and then put back.

Space made it a good buy for me. And you get to play as the Emperor, so thats cool.

T

I played for about 3 hours last night and it runs and looks great. Space combat rules. Being able to play as jedi is also vey cool. The Episode 3 content is cool as well. I'm glad they included a nice long singleplayer experience for those times when the servers are full of nothing but retarded 12 year olds. I have almost given up on online play in the past for just such reasons. I can't speak for the console versions, but if you are a fan of the first Battlefront or any of the Battlefield games and you like Star Wars, get this game.

Damnit, I just bought Star Wars episode III yesterday, and I forgot to try the demo on the special features disc ... stupid stupid, stupid.

Draax said:
Damnit, I just bought Star Wars episode III yesterday, and I forgot to try the demo on the special features disc ... stupid stupid, stupid.

OOO good to know, my friend is bringing over EP3 this weekend, ill steal it and install the demo

the original BG made me go meh

Is there multiplay PvP? From playing Battlefield 2 so much, thought that a Star Wars mod would be cool as hell!

soekev said:
Is there multiplay PvP? From playing Battlefield 2 so much, thought that a Star Wars mod would be cool as hell!

its a non-PVP game, no fighting allowed.

Someone care to elaborate a bit more on the space battles? Is there or ISN"T there the ability to in cockpit mode and if soo, does it look and run decent? How big are the space battle areas? How would you compare the fighting in comparison to the X-Wing and Tie Fighter series?

Has Hoth gotten any better? Is the area bigger, are the graphics improved any and do the AT'AT not look like their step dancing? And did they get the sounds RIGHT for the AT-ST laser blasts unlike the first one????

Space has no cockpit mode on the xbox. The PC, I'm not sure, but I've heard the complaint about 'no cockpit' echoed all over, so I'm guessing it's a design decision.

Space looks excellent, I can only imagine how the PC version must look. It all runs smooth as silk on the box, as far as comparing it to XvT, this is no sim. This isn't even close to sim. Have you ever played a Rogue Squadron game on the gamecube? This is even looser than that. That said the variety of ships is great, and the fun of flying a transport with 5 people firing out of it is great. The weapons all have overheat meters now so that might annoy you a bit, I know it does me. Guess thats a balancing thing.

Hoth seems all right to me, graphics, again, have been tuned up a ton, but I wasn't paying attention to the vehicle sounds, so I can't comment there. Animations all across the board seem excellent, not like the first one.

I would say that if I had paid $30 for this game, I would be hella-excited about playing it, but it's not totally blowing me' skirt up for $50

It is fun, contained chaos though, especially in space. Space is my favorite part of it all.

Kahnvex said:
It is fun, contained chaos though, especially in space. Space is my favorite part of it all.
I love this phrase..."contained chaos." It seems to describe exactly how I love this game, for my PSP. If the game is indeed 70% identical (minus graphic-wise) on the PC/Xbox/PS2, then I can see how people might be dissapointed on those systems. But for the PSP, it fits. Nice, 10-minute missions, and the Galactic Conquest mode (which is absent on the PC, or else I'm blind) is great, because you can save inbetween 'turns'.

Back