svchost using 1,200 megs of ram?

Dahz

Gawd
ive tried every svchost memory leak fix i can find. and nothing yet has worked. ive seen the prosses at 1,400 megs before i rebooted, and watching the task manager ive seen the memory useage of svchost climb a meg every minute.

xp pro sp2, everythigns upto date automatic update is disabled, ive also applied the hotfix and windows updater as mentioned in http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1191112&highlight=svchost and aside from rebooting daily, or reinstalling my os, what else can i try?

Double check your Windows Service. You've got one or more that are eating memory.

make sure the svhost is actually the real app.. its not mispelled or mis CAP's in any form right.. ..... there are trojans/virus's that have a very close but mispelled version of this file name.. i know i had one :p

its is a svchost.exe flagged as a network service, ive tried endign the prosses and loose my internet when i do.

and my system is clean according to my latest anti virus/spyware/adware scans

Some other app must be hooking into it and eating up the memory. Get Process Explorer from Microsoft to see what is going on. You could also run AntiHook and see if it comes up with any warnings.

Back