Guys,
I'm having an issue with a new build. System is as follows: EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra, Venice 3200+, OCZ CAS2 PC3200 512x2, Leadtek PX6600GT TDH PCIe x16 video card, Samsung SATAII 160GB HD, LiteOn 16x/48x DVD, LiteOn DVD+/- RW, WinXP Pro SP2 w/ current patches. PS is an Enermax EG495AX-VE SFMA 2.0. HSF is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64. I just checked vid card temp and it registers @ 45C. CPU temp (according to BIOS) runs approx. 44C. System is running @ stock clocks, with the exception of the memory timing @ 1T.
Over the last week for no consistent reason the video will blank out. The only way to get the system back is to hit the reset button. I can go days w/o a blank out, and then maybe see it twice in one day. I thought initially the culprit was Winamp, but last night my daughter said it blanked out as she was shutting down a couple of web pages prior to turning off the system for the evening.
Where should I begin to troubleshoot this annoyance? I'm suspecting the vid card, but don't want to rule out any other possibilities. Any suggestions you might have will be appreciated.
TIA,
Jeff
I'm having an issue with a new build. System is as follows: EPoX 9NPA+ Ultra, Venice 3200+, OCZ CAS2 PC3200 512x2, Leadtek PX6600GT TDH PCIe x16 video card, Samsung SATAII 160GB HD, LiteOn 16x/48x DVD, LiteOn DVD+/- RW, WinXP Pro SP2 w/ current patches. PS is an Enermax EG495AX-VE SFMA 2.0. HSF is an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64. I just checked vid card temp and it registers @ 45C. CPU temp (according to BIOS) runs approx. 44C. System is running @ stock clocks, with the exception of the memory timing @ 1T.
Over the last week for no consistent reason the video will blank out. The only way to get the system back is to hit the reset button. I can go days w/o a blank out, and then maybe see it twice in one day. I thought initially the culprit was Winamp, but last night my daughter said it blanked out as she was shutting down a couple of web pages prior to turning off the system for the evening.
Where should I begin to troubleshoot this annoyance? I'm suspecting the vid card, but don't want to rule out any other possibilities. Any suggestions you might have will be appreciated.
TIA,
Jeff