SuSE 9.3 ISOs are out

slowbiznatch said:
I thought 9.3 has been out for quite a while now.... Is this somthing new?
The retail box of SuSE 9.3 has been out for some time. Now they've released the ISOs so you download & burn your own copy of it.

I've just downloaded the dvd and the cds.. My dvd iso didnt work, as far as i could see because the hash code wasnt the one the install expected, strange. So i downloaded the ISO.

For some reason, however, i don't seem to be able to delete on the of the graphic cards that i have had installed. I think the one it reconginzed is R420 J something. I have the X800Pro. So i manually installed the X800XT but now i dont seem to be able to delete it again. I do admit i am a linux noob, but how can i get that one away? I delete it, it tells me changes will take efefct as soon as i reboot the graphical enviorment (dunno how to do that expcet for ending the session) so i rebooted, and it was still there. What can I do?

One cool think about it is that my SATA drives work with it. AMAZING!

anyway,s i know this might be considered hijacking, but i felt it was a good place to post it.. HELP!

Manzabar said:
The 4.3GB version Frobozz mentions is a DVD iso.
Why is it labeled "Eval" rather than "prof"? Seems to me it is only a live disc and you can't install it.

mgleason007 said:
Why is it labeled "Eval" rather than "prof"? Seems to me it is only a live disc and you can't install it.
The ISOs that SuSE releases of Live CDs/DVDs are labeled as such. They call this an Eval disc to try to encourage people to buy their boxed sets.

Manzabar said:
The ISOs that SuSE releases of Live CDs/DVDs are labeled as such. They call this an Eval disc to try to encourage people to buy their boxed sets.
Right, so the DVD ISO is a live DVD and not an install DVD, which is what I'm trying to track down.

mgleason007 said:
Right, so the DVD ISO is a live DVD and not an install DVD, which is what I'm trying to track down.

If it says "eval", it's not live, I think?
Hold it, I'll read a bit closer. :)

edit:
The README-eval.txt file says "To start the installation, boot from the DVD or CD#1" at the bottom, so I'd say the eval-DVD is the installer.
There's also a separate live-DVD image on the ftp servers (in suse//i386/live-dvd-9.3/), and I'd be suprised if they're the same thing.

Mauli said:
I've just downloaded the dvd and the cds.. My dvd iso didnt work, as far as i could see because the hash code wasnt the one the install expected, strange. So i downloaded the ISO.

For some reason, however, i don't seem to be able to delete on the of the graphic cards that i have had installed. I think the one it reconginzed is R420 J something. I have the X800Pro. So i manually installed the X800XT but now i dont seem to be able to delete it again. I do admit i am a linux noob, but how can i get that one away? I delete it, it tells me changes will take efefct as soon as i reboot the graphical enviorment (dunno how to do that expcet for ending the session) so i rebooted, and it was still there. What can I do?

One cool think about it is that my SATA drives work with it. AMAZING!

anyway,s i know this might be considered hijacking, but i felt it was a good place to post it.. HELP!

R420 is an X800-series core. It recognized your video card successfully.

HHunt said:
If it says "eval", it's not live, I think?
Correct! The Eval version is the installable ISO. The Live can only be run from the disc. Sorry, I should have been more clear when I typed my previous message.

Back