Surkus App Makes Standing in Line a Circus

monkeymagick

[H]News
You know that line outside the fancy new restaurant full of hipsters? Well those folks may not be there for the current food fusion craze, but are actual posers. These "cool people" are getting paid using an app called Surkus to make things look cool. The app acts as a movie casting director, screening out potential event goers and linking them up with promotions and advertisers to get paid.

Next time you see people gathered around that new trendy looking place, remember the idiom "two's a company, three's a crowdsourced." Thanks to maclem8223 for this.

After quietly launching two years ago, Surkus members have attended 4,200 events for 750 clients, including big-name brands, hospitality groups, live-ticketed shows, movie castings and everyday people who want to throw a party. George said users can be paid as little as $5 and as much as $100, though the average for most events is between $25 and $40. Prolific users, he said, can earn as much as $4,000 a year. And Surkus takes a portion of the client's budget for each event.

All this will do is make me avoid that place. You put a lot of people out there standing in line I think the place looks busy and I dont want to waste my time. I dont come back to look later either. I just "f that" and go somewhere else. My time is more valuable.

Reminds me of this assclown I worked for many decades ago - when business was slow he'd force us all to move our vehicles into the parking lot directly in front of the store. The original poser :D

One of the clients I worked with a few years ago had us create a mobile app for his startup. No one was using it or leaving ratings. So, he asked all of my team to rate it! He said we should give it a certain number of 3, 4, and only one or two 5 stars to "keep it real". If I recall, he paid everyone that did it $2 - the app was .99 cents so you made $1.01 for your fake review. Sadly, his app did not last long. The fake reviews didn't help him make is "multiple millions in the first year - easy!".
He also called me and asked how much it would cost to help him make it go "viral". Too bad Surkus didn't exist back then! He could be rich beyond his dreams.

Reminds me of this assclown I worked for many decades ago - when business was slow he'd force us all to move our vehicles into the parking lot directly in front of the store. The original poser :D

Sales are down, quick go out and re arrange all the cars in the lot so it looks like we have high turn over and low low prices.

That's not waiting in line. People attempting to buy a new iPhone release wait in line. This is called "loitering".

One time on an unusually unbooked flight from LA to LV the flight attendants asked anyone sitting in an aisle seat to move to a window seat, so when we passed the other airlines they thought we were full. 8) It was actually a really fun flight, one of the attendants was like "attendant of the year" for the airline or something, and they had us all laughing.

Oh and I just signed up for this Surkus thing, time to get paid to make places look ~happening~ (...when people see me they will probably leave lol)

Back