Surfing/Photo Editing Build Upgrade Input

ServerKing

[H]ard|Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
-Photo Editing w/Photoshop, Lightroom, etc...
-Web Browsing
-Very light gaming if at all

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
-Cheaper the better

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
-USA FL

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU RAM HD Bluray Drive (for storage) Vid Card & Maybe Power Supply

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
-MSI P55M-GD41 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
-Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
-PLEXTOR 24X DVD/CD Writer Black SATA Model PX-880SA LightScribe
-CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-620HX 620W
-8192MB RAM
-ATI Radeon HD 5750
-SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA 500GB
-ST3750330NS ATA Device 750GB

6) Will you be overclocking?
-NO

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
-Vizio LCD 1776 x 1000 (32 bit) (59Hz)

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
-Within a month

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
-MB features not important but vid card must have HDMI Output Vid/Audio

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
-Have Windows 7 64-bit was looking too Windows 8 64-bit

What's the exact make and model of the RAM do you have?
What case do you have?

Can you give us a more concrete budget limit?

I dont know the make and model without yanking it out the case probably Geil or Patriot I have is one of the long coolermaster cases thats have the size of a regular tower was more meant as a htpc case but like it for my main desktop. Budget under 500 probably good.

I dont know the make and model without yanking it out the case probably Geil or Patriot.
Download, install/unzip, and run CPU-Z. Look under the SPD tab and tell us the part number. We need to know this info to see whether or not you can reuse that RAM with the new setup.

Budget under 500 probably good.
A bit too low since a replacement CPU alone costs $200+ give or take. Then there's the mobo, etc. Can you extend that budget to $800 to $1000?

Back