Surface Pro 128gb (First Gen) $500 at Bestbuy

If you don't need the battery life or 8gb/256gb+ options in the SP2, you can't beat that price!

That is a fantastic price for it. Same price as many of the ipad models for a much MUCH more functional tablet, wow

I had the first gen Surface and returned it because of it's shortcomings like battery life, heat and weight.

But at $500.... it is perfect :)

Man this looks like the perfect replacement for my Transformer Prime (Which is terrible). Really as long as I can access Google drive, Dropbox and Play Music. well that's all I need. How is Microsoft's app market?

Microsoft app market is pretty horrible compared to Google Play or the Apple Appstore. That being said, it may have all you want. I believe you can take a look online without a device. In case you are wondering, we have iphones, ipads, androids, and Windows 8 devices at my home. I like the Windows 8 devices, but find my self using the Nexus 10 the most.

Microsoft app market is pretty horrible compared to Google Play or the Apple Appstore. That being said, it may have all you want. I believe you can take a look online without a device. In case you are wondering, we have iphones, ipads, androids, and Windows 8 devices at my home. I like the Windows 8 devices, but find my self using the Nexus 10 the most.

I looked and it has basically the apps I use (which isn't alot) all the other apps I use are on my Android phone so it's cool. I just ordered. Thanks for the input guys!

You also have access to x86/64 Windows applications as well. Personally for me being able to use things for productivity like full Photoshop to games like Civ 5 for entertainment/gaming is more appealing than what is available on the mobile OSes.

But to be honest if the above isn't interesting to you, the extra processing power (related to the x86/64 app support), much faster storage system, and/or the wacom digitizer and pen support than the Surface Pro isn't really the device for you. Other devices will be lighter (for the same screen size), have better battery life, passive cooling, and etc.

Regarding the battery life it depends on your point of comparison. Battery life is actually better than current Haswell laptops using full mobile (quad core processors). It is worse than typical Ultrabook style laptops using Haswell ULVs however and of course lower powered tablets. For a Ivybridge ULV device it is comparable to others.

Back