supreme commander 2 - tactical missile defense?

Nirad9er

2[H]4U
I just started playing this game, but I've never been really good at RTS games. I usually play computer for.fun.

Anyway, is there any tactical missile defense in supreme commander 2? I played the computer twice so far and they blew me up each time and won due to those stupid missiles

I believe there are units that are designed to wipe out the missiles. Buildings can also have a side-action of tactical missile defense.

yes there is a missile defense.. but guess what.. it doesnt work.. lol

They seem to work for me. The unit is built at the land factories and for Cybran is the last unit (the one with the shield), I think thats how it is for all the teams but I'm not sure.

Those won't stop nukes though, you need to build a nuke defense building for that and thats in the advanced buildings tab after you research it.

Personally, I am struggling to give it a chance and not trash bin it. I like that skirmish matches are not as prone to getting locked in 4 hour stalemates, but it feels like they went to far in oversimplifying the mechanics for speed. I also feel that the naval element has been heavily marginalized - there aren't really any maps (that I've played) where water features were prominent enough for a navy to make a difference, let alone navy centered maps like betrayal ocean. Again, with the cumbersome nature of naval units that may have been intentional too. I also really dislike the move away from constant drain/spend as you build economy to a more traditional instant credit/spend immediately as you purchase economy. The old Sup Com 1/Total Annihilation economy was more complicated, but I feel it was also more rewarding for dedicated players.

In the Sup Com 1 I would routinely feel like "wow, I can't believe I can do this in a game". Sup Com 2 just loses that epic feel for me, it feels like a tiny slicked up version.

So what's the verdict, is this one better than the first?

That depends. If you REALLY liked the first one, you'll probably not think so. I never could quite get the hang of the first one, just too much crap going on, so I am liking part 2 better. That being said, there are definitely things I miss from the original.

That depends. If you REALLY liked the first one, you'll probably not think so. I never could quite get the hang of the first one, just too much crap going on, so I am liking part 2 better. That being said, there are definitely things I miss from the original.

I never did play the 1st one. I loved TA though and played for years past its release. I used to download the unit packs too which made the game awesome.

I never did play the 1st one. I loved TA though and played for years past its release. I used to download the unit packs too which made the game awesome.

SupCom 1 is not too similar to TA, which is why so many TA fans whined when it was released in ~2006.

SupCom 2 is not too similar to SupCom 1, which is why so many SupCom 1 fans are currently whining since it was released.

SupCom 2 is like a cross between the two. It is much more simplistic in base management than SupCom 1, but due to this, is more faster paced like TA could be. However, there are not nearly as many units as were in TA.

There's a demo out if you want to try the game. It uses an older build version so colors are overly bright, and it only has two campaign maps to play on. Still, it is better than nothing.

Back