• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Supply Recommendation Q9300

reidc

n00b
Joined
Aug 11, 2004
Messages
9
Hi All-

Building up a Retailedge package soon, and need a PS recommendation.

Will use the Intel DP45SG board and Q9300 CPU, and an Antec Solo case. I have a 40 Gig SUSE Boot drive(sata), a 500 Gig Vista Boot Sata, and 2 250 Gig SATA's, and a DVD
drive. For RAM- I was going to go 2 2 gig sticks of DDR3 1333, and for Video(temporarily) use my fanless 7600GT card.

I was thinking of the Corsair TX650($80 after rebate at the Egg), but I know there are other decent units out there. I am looking for a quiet unit as well(Fanless Video and Antec Solo case makes for a quiet PC).

Thx
Chris
 
For that system, you'll be fine running an Antec EarthWatts 380W unit. It's quiet AND cheap- for your needs, anything over 500W would be a massive overkill- your PSU wouldn't even reach 50% of its rated capacity, where it really becomes energy efficient.
 
Thx Mavalpha...

Am currently running an Intel DG965WH with a 6300. Two gig memory and the same video and drives listed above. It is in an Antec P150 case that has he NeoHE 430 watt supply. I never had any issue with this since day one.

I only bought the Solo because Ilike the case style(I like the White better though)- I just didn't think the NeoHE 430 would be enough.

What happens if I change Video cards to something more current(9600GT???)

Chris
 
The NeoHE 430W will still be enough for that PC, even if you upgrade to a 9600GT or something along those lines. It is a very capable PSU.
 
Thanks All-

I ordered the Corsair TX650... at the Egg- it was the same price as the TX550, and only $20 more than my current NeoHE 430. Sure its overkill, and I won't be O/C'ing or anything- but it'll be stable.

Chris
 
The Antec PSU is a good choice but I have not heard anything bad about Consair either, only good.
 
Back
Top