Supermicro X8DTE-F & Linux Mining Distros

Andrew_Carr

2[H]4U
Awhile back people were recommending this board so I bought a few because they were ridiculously cheap. I've been able to get mine running but I'm having compatibility issues with HiveOS on the 5.4 linux kernel. According to the compatibility page it seems like I could possibly get this to work by running an older kernel or something on the 64 bit version but has anyone gotten this working? I'm thinking about just dumping them back on ebay and getting something else.

What did ya get them mining under? Ive never had them under a spacific mining os but ran them under Ubuntu 18 and 20 with no issue

What did ya get them mining under? Ive never had them under a spacific mining os but ran them under Ubuntu 18 and 20 with no issue
I was able to get one working. I disabled ACPI (not sure if that was it) and it booted right up into hiveos. Only one of the two CPUs seems to be showing and it's not mining monero but it's working for GPUs it seems.

I was able to get one working. I disabled ACPI (not sure if that was it) and it booted right up into hiveos. Only one of the two CPUs seems to be showing and it's not mining monero but it's working for GPUs it seems.
Interesting to hear on the gpu support. I can't say your currently missing much on monero. I wonder how that os does with other dual CPU configs. I have dual 2011 setups that use half the pcie lanes from each chip to run all of the pcie slots

Back