Supermicro MBD-C7P67-O Overclocking

Valtharis

n00b
Joined
Nov 17, 2010
Messages
5
I've had some problems trying to find details on this particular motherboard. If anyone has had experience with it, I have two questions about its functionality:

1. Would this board be capable of bringing a 2600k to 4.8 - 5.0GHZ stable? It is advertised under the moniker "Overclock This, SuperCharged for Power Gamers." So I'd assume it can overclock to some extent? Does it have the voltage settings and features necessary to maintain this speed, along with the ability to change the multiplier?

2. I haven't seen anything to suggest this at all, but can it support SLI? I would assume not as it is up to the motherboard vendor to enable this, and it isn't advertised anywhere for this board.

Thank you.
 
Trying to find a 2600k that can do 4.8 to 5.0 stable is a much harder task than finding a motherboard that won't limit you. I've never used a Super Micro board that wasn't in some kind of server anyway. I've seen the board listed online but I have to wonder why the Supermicro? For that kind of money you're bound to get a better "enthusiast" board elsewhere. To each his own and what not. I went for a board for my 2500k that wasn't exactly Mr Popular.
 
Back
Top